It was a tough loss to swallow for the Cincinnati Bengals this past Sunday, as they were ever so close to leaving Seattle with an unlikely victory. Unfortunately, too many errors cost the team and they returned from the Pacific Northwest with with an 0-1 record.
Were there moral victories to be taken away? It’s hard to answer after just one game, but with many folks having low expectations for the team, a one-point loss to a quality opponent on the road opened some eyes.
Cincinnati now continues a first-month stretch of games that includes three road trips, but they return home this week to host the 49ers. San Francisco is coming off of a two-touchdown win over the Buccaneers.
We discussed the fallout of Week 1 and the potential matchups and outcomes of Week 2 on this week’s Orange and Black Insider podcast episode.
On this week’s episode:
- We’re adding new podcasts to the Cincy Jungle SB Nation channel!
- The Bengals did some nice things on both offense and defense last week. Are these long-term benefits, or will teams begin to catch on to their schemes now that they’ve put things on tape?
- Should we be encouraged by the close loss to Seattle, or are the handful of mistakes in the opener indicative of a team still trying to find itself?
- What are the impacts of recent transactions that the Bengals have made?
- Which 49ers player matchups should we be most worried about this coming Sunday?
- We also started a fun mini-segment on “bad beats and best bets”.
Thanks to our live listeners who tuned in via YouTube and here at Cincy Jungle, as well as to all of you who download the show after the fact. Be sure to join us live and subscribe to our channels!
If you’re unable to join us live for here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify and Google Play Music apps, our YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels!