The Cincinnati Bengals have their home opener this Sunday, as they host their inter-conference nemesis in the San Francisco 49ers. For two teams that rarely play each other, there is quite a storied history between the franchises.
But, this week is about 2019 and this Sunday. Through their first four games, Cincinnati has just this game at home, so securing a win is a near-must, if they are to make some noise at the end of the year.
While we had our episode of The Orange and Black Insider this week, a scheduling snafu caused us to miss our initial interview time with former 49ers All-Pro defensive back, Eric Davis. However, he’s graciously rescheduled to be with us and our OBI crew previewed the Week 2 matchup with him!
Among the topics we discussed:
- How convincing was San Francisco’s Week 1 win over the lowly Buccaneers?
- Is Jimmy Garoppolo ready to take the next step as a franchise quarterback, or are the struggles seen in both the preseason and Week 1 eliciting long-term concerns?
- What are some of the key positional matchups of the game?
- What are some areas that the Bengals could possibly exploit?
- How are Dante Pettis and the other young 49ers wideouts progressing?
That, plus Davis’ prediction on the contest! Click the above-embedded video, or download it on one of our many platforms!
We thank him for his time and go check out his show, the Bleav in 49ers podcast on the Bleav podcast network.
If you’re unable to join us live for here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify and Google Play Music apps, our YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels!