While this part of the year is one of the slowest, in terms of news for NFL teams out of the playoffs, the Cincinnati Bengals are gearing up for the first full offseason in the Zac Taylor era. The Senior Bowl is on the horizon, followed by the Combine, free agency and the NFL Draft.
Our own John Sheeran is set to attend the festivities in Mobile, Alabama, so we’re looking forward to getting his observations from down south. In the meantime, we decided to review the status of the roster on this week’s Orange and Black Insider, as well as other interesting tidbits.
On this week’s episode:
- The Bengals’ roster has a handful of young, solid core players locked up for the foreseeable future. Which players could be moved this offseason and which guys are fighting for their jobs to remain with the club?
- University of Colorado wide receiver Laviska Shenault, Jr. is making a bid to get drafted in the first round in the 2020 NFL Draft. Were the Buffaloes just scratching the surface of his versatility, or will he be a limited niche player in the NFL?
- A.J. Green could intrigue the Cincinnati Bengals this offseason. No, not their star wide receiver, but rather the Oklahoma State senior cornerback. He’s set to play in the Senior Bowl.
- John and Anthony run down some other 2019 season awards, including Breakout Player of the Year, Unsung Hero of the Year and others.
- Carson Palmer recently utilized another public appearance to disparage the Bengals when talking about the team’s possibility to draft Joe Burrow—this time on “The Jim Rome Show”. We discuss the viability of his comments, given his situation 17 years ago to that of Burrow today.
Our thanks to the live listeners who joined us for the recording and for those of you who listened through a wide variety of means. If you haven’t already, subscribe to our channels and try to join us live for each episode!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube for every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart Radio and Google Play Music apps, our YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at email@example.com. Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels!