Today was an ugly game for the Bengals, who appeared to be gaining momentum after not losing for two straight weeks (baby steps, people).
Making matters worse was star defender D.J. Reader was lost to what could be a season-ending quad injury. And former Pro Bowl receiver A.J. Green had a hamstring injury while possibly expressing his desire to be traded.
So yeah, it was a rough Sunday for the Bengals. To a lesser degree, that’s also true of the Colts, who lost 32-23 to the Browns in Cleveland. Even so, the Colts are still viewed as one of the AFC’s top playoff contenders, and they’ll be favored to win in just about every home game they have this season.
That includes Week 6 when they welcome the Bengals to Indianapolis. The initial line for this matchup has the Colts favored by 9.5 points, which is currently the biggest spread of any Week 6 contest.
The Bengals will limp into the game at 1-3-1 and in desperate need of a win if they want to salvage any hope of having even a respectable finish to their 2020 campaign. But if the same team we saw in Baltimore shows up in Indy, it’s going to be another long day at the office.
Here’s a look at the spreads and over/unders for Week 6:
Sunday, October 18
· Chicago at Carolina (-2½)
· Detroit (-3) at Jacksonville
· Atlanta at Minnesota (-5½)
· Houston at Tennessee (-1½)
· Cleveland at Pittsburgh (-4)
· Washington at New York Giants (-3½)
· Baltimore (-7½) at Philadelphia
· Cincinnati at Indianapolis (-9½)
· Denver at New England (-9)
· Green Bay (-2) at Tampa Bay
· Los Angeles Rams (-3) at San Francisco
Monday October 19th
· Kansas City (-2½) at Buffalo
· Arizona (-2½) at Dallas