Well, that wasn’t ideal.
The Cincinnati Bengals took a step backward in their ugly 27-3 loss to Baltimore this week, and more questions about the future viability of this team have emerged. We talked about the loss on this week’s Orange and Black Insider, as well as previewing the upcoming game against the Colts.
We also addressed growing locker room concerns, though. A number of Bengals players have shown frustration (or perceived frustration) in their roles this year and we have to wonder if it’s in their failure to recognize what they actually bring to the table, of if these coaching decisions are hurting team chemistry.
Some talking points this week:
- It wasn’t just one unit on offense letting the team down on Sunday against the Ravens. Multiple players were making errors.
- The defense had a great gameplan against Baltimore, holding Lamar Jackson to just 183 total yards. Our “Stat of the Week” proved just how effective they were on Sunday.
- What does the future hold with A.J. Green?
- With Green’s perceived frustration, Carlos Dunlap’s displeasure with his reduced role and Auden Tate’s agent threatening a trade a few weeks ago, is it time to question Zac Taylor’s hold on the locker room?
- Our “Soundbite of the Week” was from franchise quarterback Joe Burrow, noting the positive mindset of the coaches and players after the loss to the Ravens.
- How the Bengals fare on first downs and how many turnovers they create will be the big points of determining a winner this Sunday in Indianapolis against the Colts.
Join John Sheeran and Anthony Cosenza at 8:30 p.m. ET for all the live show recordings. Or, you can catch it after on one of your favorite audio and video streaming platforms!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube for every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart Radio and Google Play Music apps, our YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at email@example.com. Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels to be notified when we’re going live and when new episodes are available!