It’s tough to get a gauge on the Cincinnati Bengals right now. Everything about a 1-4-1 record points to them being one of the worst teams in the league, yet they’ve had three golden opportunities for victories.
Unfortunately, with losing comes strife and a lot of longtime Bengals players are unhappy about their current roles? Is it because their old coach who brought them in is no longer placating them, or is the current one losing the locker room?
- What message is the coaching staff sending when Pro Bowl defensive linemen Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap get less snaps than practice squad call-up Amani Bledsoe and street free agent Xavier Williams?
- Zac Taylor is 1-11-1 in one-score games as the Bengals’ head coach. Is this a sign of a staff still finding their way and being close to turning the tide, or is this just who this staff is at this point?
- What do we make of the recent “complaints”, so to speak, from Bengals players about their roles?
- Tee Higgins’ performance against the Colts gives us some talking points on this week’s “Stat of the Week”.
- Should Cincinnati’s game plan for Cleveland actually be to have a former No. 1 pick in Baker Mayfield be forced to beat them?
- How much does this game against the Browns mean for Taylor’s coaching career?
Thanks for listening!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube for every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart Radio and Google Play Music apps, our YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at email@example.com. Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels to be notified when we’re going live and when new episodes are available!