For the fourth time this season, a late-game rally by the Cincinnati Bengals fell short. And, in what’s become a recent theme, the defense collapsed to lead to another loss.
This week, John Sheeran and Anthony Cosenza cover the trade of Carlos Dunlap to the Seahawks. Along with giving their own thoughts on the situation, Sheeran has spoke with Carlos Dunlap, Sr., and has details on what led to No. 96 being shipped to the Pacific Northwest.
We also spoke with Brandan Schulze of SB Nation’s Field Gulls site, covering the Seattle Seahawks. We get his reaction on the Dunlap acquisition from their side of the fence and receive some insight on new Bengals offensive lineman, B.J. Finney.
Somewhat-lost in all of this is the fact that Cincinnati hosts the Titans this Sunday. To help us preview this contest, we welcome in former Tennessee defensive back, Denard Walker, who now hosts the BLEAV in the Tennessee Titans podcast. It’s part of the great network of BLEAV podcasts and it’s another great, high-profile guest we’ve been able to showcase in our partnership with them.
Some of this week’s highlights:
- We found out that Dunlap and Lou Anarumo didn’t get along from the get-go. Anarumo’s coaching style rubbed the veteran lineman the wrong way.
- Ownership was very hesitant to trade away Dunlap, even after the Pro Bowl lineman took to social media to air his grievances.
- The Lions were a potential destination for Dunlap, but he didn’t want to go to Detroit.
- We learned from Brandan Schulze that B.J. Finney was originally signed to start in Seattle, but that never came to fruition.
- Denard Walker joined us and said he felt that the Bengals were very close to something special—the myriad of close losses this year are proof.
- Walker also noted that he’d take his former teammate, Eddie George, at running back over Derrick Henry. Though it would be a tough decision for the former Titan.
This and so much more! Our thanks to Brandan, Denard and all of our love listeners. Join us next time for the live recording, if you’re able, otherwise thanks for downloading afterward!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube for every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart Radio and Google Play Music apps, our YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels to be notified when we’re going live and when new episodes are available!