It’s always easier covering and talking about the Bengals after a win. Thankfully, John Sheeran and I got that privilege this week after Cincinnati put away the Jacksonville Jaguars for their first win of the 2020 season.
We sifted through the encouraging and discouraging signs from Week 4 on the Orange and Black Insider and ask if Alex Redmond is the missing piece to a line that was struggling before last Sunday. We also provide a couple of “Soundbites of the Week” and an interesting “Stat of the Week”.
John and I also previewed the upcoming clash against Baltimore and ask if an upset is on the horizon. Some of the specifics on tap this week:
- What happens at right guard when Xavier Su’a-Filo returns?
- When will A.J. Green get things going?
- Were the three sacks generated against the Jaguars an encouraging sign for the Bengals’ defensive front, or is it a bit of fool’s gold?
- An unlikely reunion of two former high-profile Bengals players took place this weekend.
- What’s the bigger key for Cincinnati in Week 5 against the Ravens: stopping Lamar Jackson and Baltimore’s rushing attack, or trying to go toe-to-toe offensively with them?
- If the Bengals grabbed a seemingly unlikely victory against the Ravens this weekend, how would perceptions change about Cincinnati’s 2020 viability?
We want to hear your thoughts on these topics, too, so sound off! You can always join us during the live recordings for all of the fun, or download it on your favorite platform afterward!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube for every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart Radio and Google Play Music apps, our YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at email@example.com. Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels to be notified when we’re going live and when new episodes are available!