The Cincinnati Bengals took one on the chin last Sunday evening.
It was rainy, cold and windy in Pittsburgh, but the Steelers fought through the elements to grab their 11th consecutive win over their rivals in Ohio. Familiar mistakes plagued Cincinnati as they are now deep in the AFC North cellar.
John Sheeran and Anthony Cosenza break down the elements of this week’s loss to Pittsburgh and what, if any, signals are to be ahead for the months ahead. The duo also provides some “Stats of the Week” and preview the Washington game coming up this week.
Some of the talking points this week:
- Was the loss more due to the personnel losses from Covid, injuries and inclement weather; or, was it another example of poor preparation and less talent than most perceive the team to have?
- A particular second quarter sequence of plays for the Bengals’ offense was a major turning point in the 36-10 loss to Pittsburgh. We broke down the film.
- Our “Stat of the Week” is a dubious one that points to how wide the chasm currently is between the Bengals and the Ravens and Steelers.
- The Washington Football Team’s defense is a bit more effective than most people suspect at first blush.
- Is the ground game of utmost importance for the Bengals’ offense this week?
Our thanks to the live listeners. You can catch us on our Twitter account now (@BengalsOBI), along with Cincy Jungle’s Facebook page and our YouTube channel for the live recording. Otherwise, catch it on your favorite platforms.
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube for every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart Radio and Google Play Music apps, our YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at email@example.com. Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels to be notified when we’re going live and when new episodes are available!