Zac Taylor got through two big coaching career milestones last Sunday: he achieved his first road win and got the Bengals on their first win-streak in his two seasons in The Queen City.
What does this mean for the embattled coach and his staff? How should we be feeling about the last two wins, and what if they get a big win to end the season against the Ravens?
John Sheeran and Anthony Cosenza discuss all of this on this week’s podcast. The duo also gives a “Stat of the Week” and gives out a couple of should-be New Year’s resolutions for the Bengals, as they look to 2021.
Some other points of conversation:
- Does Brandon Allen have the inside track on the 2021 backup quarterback job with the Bengals?
- Why are we seeing some success in the run game by Samaje Perine and Giovani Bernard, while Joe Mixon struggled early in the season?
- Tee Higgins is pretty good, in case you didn’t know.
- If the Bengals’ defense has to “pick their poison” against the Ravens, should they sell out against their rushing attack, or focus in on the tight ends and speedy wideouts?
- What would a third-straight win to close out the season mean for Zac Taylor and what are the optics of it for Bengals fans?
- Would a win over Baltimore in Week 17 be the most important win of the year and in Zac Taylor’s career?
- And more!
You can join us for the live recording on our Twitter account (@BengalsOBI), Cincy Jungle’s Facebook page and/or our YouTube channel (above-embedded video). If you can’t make the live recording, download the program afterward on your favorite streaming platform!
Happy New Year! May 2021 bring prosperity, health and a great Bengals season to you all!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube for every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart Radio and Google Play Music apps, our YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels to be notified when we’re going live and when new episodes are available!