On this week’s episode of Chalk Talk, Andre Perrotta joins me to talk about the salary cap and how it applies to the Bengals for the 2020 offseason.
The Bengals payroll at quarterback is in for a big change.
- How much money will trading Andy Dalton open up?
- How much will they need to pay Joe Burrow?
- What would a veteran backup cost?
The Bengals also have to make some decisions about their other offensive weapons.
- Should they re-sign A.J. Green? Franchise him? Use the transition tag?
- What about bringing Tyler Eifert back?
- Will they pick up the 5th-year option on John Ross?
- How much money is Joe Mixon likely to seek from an extension?
Perhaps the biggest concern for fans is the offensive line.
- What would be the financial result of trading Cordy Glenn? How about cutting Bobby Hart?
- How much would it cost to sign a veteran offensive tackle like Jack Conklin or Bryan Bulaga?
- How about a guard like Joe Thuney or Graham Glasgow?
We cover all of these things as we prepare for the offseason.
Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss next week’s episode of Chalk Talk where Andre and I discuss the defensive free agents and potential trades.
All of the film review content will be on SB Nation’s Cincy Jungle podcast channel, along with the other episodes of The Orange and Black Insider. New shows like the “Orange is the New Black” podcast from Ace Boogie and Zim WhoDey and “Sorry If I Spit When I Speak” from Dadio Makdook and Dr. Hodgie Smodgie have also been added to the channel’s audio slate.