Kareem was regarded as an early day-three prospect. At 6-4 and 268 pounds, he was one of the more productive pass rushers in this class, posting better numbers than his teammate Julian Okwara.
Like the Bengals’ fourth-round pick Akeem Davis-Gaither, Kareem didn’t test at the NFL Combine. He was recovering from a shoulder injury that also made him sit out at the Senior Bowl. That lack of athleticism testing may’ve caused him to slide a bit.
Three days before his 22nd birthday, Kareem joins a defensive line loaded with talent and will get to play with the likes of Carlos Dunlap, Sam Hubbard and Carl Lawson coming off the edge.
The Bengals’ remaining top draft needs are:
OT, OG, TE, CB
Bengals Draft Picks 2020
- Round 1 (1) - Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
- Round 2 (33) - Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson
- Round 3 (65) - Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming
- Round 4 (107) - Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB, Appalachian State
- Round 5 (147) - Khalid Kareem, DE, Notre Dame
- Round 6 (180)
- Round 7 (215)
Day 3 NFL Draft schedule: 12 p.m. ET, Saturday, April 25