It’s finally here. The 2020 Cincinnati Bengals schedule has been announced.
The first game of the Joe Burrow era will begin in Cincinnati on Sept. 13 as the Bengals host the Chargers in Week 1. We could see a potential matchup of Burrow vs. No. 6 overall pick Justin Herbert.
Special Delivery— Cincinnati Bengals (@Bengals) May 7, 2020
Our 2020 schedule has ARRIVED... pic.twitter.com/uzhfkya7jE
This will be followed by a Thursday Night Football clash in Cleveland with Baker Mayfield and the Browns. The Bengals will have another primetime AFC North clash in Week 15 at home vs. the Steelers. That accounts for Cincinnati’s lone primetime appearances in 2020.
The Bengals get their bye week in a nice spot, as the week off will come in Week 9, right in the middle of the regular season.
Of all 32 NFL teams, none may have a more challenging four-game stretch the end the season, as Cincinnati will face the Cowboys, Steelers, Texans and Ravens to end the regular season. If the Bengals manage to stay in playoff contention going into the final month, breaking through to the postseason will prove to be very challenging against the likes of Dak Prescott, Lamar Jackson, DeShaun Watson and Ben Roethlisberger.
The Bengals’ regular-season finale will come at home vs. Lamar Jackson and the Ravens.
Here is what the Bengals’ 2020 schedule will look like:
- Week 1: vs. Los Angeles Chargers, 4:05 pm EST on Sept. 13
- Week 2: at Cleveland Browns, Thursday Night Football on Sept. 17
- Week 3: at Philadelphia Eagles, 1 pm EST on Sept. 27
- Week 4: vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, 1 pm EST on Oct. 4
- Week 5: at Baltimore Ravens, 1 pm EST on Oct. 11
- Week 6: at Indianapolis Colts, 1 pm EST on Oct. 18
- Week 7: vs. Cleveland Browns, 1 pm EST on Oct. 25
- Week 8: vs. Tennessee Titans, 1 pm EST on Nov. 1
- Week 9: BYE
- Week 10: at Pittsburgh Steelers, 1 pm EST on Nov. 15
- Week 11: at Washington Redskins, 1 pm EST on Nov. 22
- Week 12: vs. New York Giants, 1 pm EST on Nov. 29
- Week 13: at Miami Dolphins, 1 pm EST on Dec. 6
- Week 14: vs. Dallas Cowboys, 1 pm EST on Dec. 13
- Week 15: vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, Monday Night Football on Dec. 21
- Week 16: at Houston Texans, 1 pm EST on Dec. 27
- Week 17: vs. Baltimore Ravens, 1 pm EST on Jan. 3
What do you think of how the schedule played out?