Some of the team’s figureheads are returning to the facilities as clubs are tentatively re-opening for in-person activities. Details need to be ironed out, but it appears that we are getting to a real semblance of NFL football.
There are some interesting pieces of news with new guys like D.J. Reader and others, so we examined the potential outcomes with said news. Speaking of news, some more unfortunate headlines made their way to Bengaldom this week in the passing of Ken Riley—John and Anthony shared some thoughts on No. 13.
We also continued our “9 for 9” positional preview series, as we get close to the end of the groups.
Some tidbits from this week:
- Ken Riley’s omission from the Hall of Fame remains a travesty.
- Unfortunately, his death this week should instill a reminder to both the folks at Canton and at Paul Brown Stadium that he (and other Bengals players) need to be further recognized.
- Does D.J. Reader shedding weight point to his ability to still remain highly-productive—especially against the AFC North?
- What should statistical expectations be for Joe Burrow in his rookie year?
- Are the Bengals already set at the quarterback position group before the preseason even transpires?
Our thanks to those of you who joined live and to those who listened after the recording. Join us for every episode on our YouTube channel, or on our Facebook page.
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube for every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart Radio and Google Play Music apps, our YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels to be notified when we’re going live and when new episodes are available!