Players are reporting to Bengals H.Q., while rookies are finally putting pen to paper for their contracts. Even with all of the madness surrounding the COVID-19 crisis, there are optimistic signs of football commencing.
This week, John Sheeran and Anthony Cosenza caught you up on the buzz surrounding player arrivals this week, while also giving a “Soundbite of the Week” from a national media member talking about a couple of star players.
The duo also continued its “2020 Potential Bengals Breakout Player” list with a handful of new names. Here’s a look at what was on tap this week:
- A.J. Green contradicted some pundits with large social media platforms, by not only signing his franchise tender, but mentioning how he wants to finish his entire career as a Cincinnati Bengal.
- CBS Sports personality, Adam Schein, has long been a Bengals critic, but publicly ate crow when it comes to Green returning to the Bengals. Schein particularly loves the outlook of he and Joe Burrow working together this year.
- As it currently stands, the NFL is looking as if there won’t be any preseason games. How will that affect a team like the Bengals, who have undergone a massive roster overhaul this offseason?
- Because of the COVID crisis, NFL rosters look to be set at 80 players, instead of 90 for the start of training camp. This could also be of particular interest to the Bengals.
- John and Anthony focus on the offensive and defensive lines this week for their potential breakout guys.
Thanks to those of you who joined us for our live recording! Be sure to also join us on Friday afternoon for our “Listener Questions Live” show and submit your queries to us to be answered on air! Otherwise, download both on your favorite platform afterward!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube for every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart Radio and Google Play Music apps, our YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels to be notified when we’re going live and when new episodes are available!