Rookies are arriving to Bengals headquarters this week, as training camps across the league are set to open by July 28th. With the new year officially set to begin (albeit in a different-looking format), we wanted to field your questions.
John Sheeran and Anthony Cosenza took the air on Friday afternoon to field your Bengals questions and answer them on air. The topics ranged from rookies to veterans and even possible contracts and acquisitions in the coming weeks.
Here is some of what was discussed:
- What, if any new player acquisitions do we see being made this summer?
- Would we rather see the Bengals get a high-end free agent guard, or a tackle to potentially unseat Bobby Hart? And, if it’s the latter, would it be best to see Jonah Williams at left or right tackle with the new free agent?
- Do we expect Giovani Bernard to be cut—especially in light of the lower roster numbers needed for this year’s training camp?
- What contract extension updates, if any, are going on with William Jackson III and Joe Mixon?
- How much pressure is on Lou Anarumo with five new high-profile linebackers and other big-name positional free agents being signed to his side of the ball?
- What happens to any unsigned Bengals draft picks, if they don’t ink their contracts before the league potentially cancels the season due to the Covid-19 crisis?
That and a lot more!
You can always join them for every episode on Cincy Jungle’s Facebook page, as well as at the embedded videos on these posts from The Orange and Black Insider’s YouTube channel. By doing so, you can leave questions in those respective live chats.
They also monitor their Twitter handle (@BengalsOBI), their email account (email@example.com), as well as the call/text line at (949) 542-6241. Or, if you’d prefer, you can leave your question(s) in the comment sections like the one below in these posts.
Thanks to those of you who joined us live and submitted questions! If you we were unable to get to yours, leave us one ahead of time, or try to join us on Friday afternoons when we hit the air!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube for every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart Radio and Google Play Music apps, our YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels to be notified when we’re going live and when new episodes are available!