The regular season is right around the corner, and while at least the onset of it will have a very different feel, the excitement around the 2020 Bengals hasn’t changed since the early months on the calendar of this year.
A major part of that excitement happened to join us on the program this week. Mike Daniels, who joined the Bengals from the rough-and-tumble NFC North, adds a ton of talent on the defensive line.
He also brings with him a larger-than-life personality which we are happy to have him share with Bengals fans. From his off-field hobbies, his wonderful family and unique recovery processes, we were happy to let you get to know him.
Here are some of the highlights from this week:
- Daniels is a big fan of comics—particularly manga and anime. So much so, in fact, he says his next touchdown celebration may resemble something from a prominent Japanese-based cartoon.
- He’s loving the city of Cincinnati and being a Bengal so far.
- Daniels explained his creative off-day regimens to heal up and keep sharp.
- John and I recap the ongoing, sad story surrounding Mackensie Alexander and his father.
- A.J. Green returned to practice, while John Ross sustained a minor injury on Wednesday. We take a further look at the wide receiver group.
- Fred Johnson is getting looks at both right tackle and right guard. Even so, he still is grinding for a starting spot.
Be sure to keep an eye out for a full feature on Daniels in the very near future here at Cincy Jungle! If you were unable to join us live, be sure to download the show on your favorite platform afterward!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube for every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart Radio and Google Play Music apps, our YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at email@example.com. Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels to be notified when we’re going live and when new episodes are available!