For the second straight week, the Bengals will be touchdown underdogs against a winless team.
The early Week 3 odds via BetOnline have the Eagles favored by 6.5 points at home this week when Cincinnati travels to Philadelphia. Both teams enter the matchup 0-2 and in desperate need of a win to avoid falling out of playoff contention before we even make it out of September. Only six NFL teams have made the playoffs since 1980 after starting 0-3.
Granted, the Bengals were viewed as major longshots to make the playoffs coming into this season, but you’d hate to see those slim hopes already dashed before we even get to October. And with the playoffs expanding to seven teams in each conference, it’s very possible an 8-8 record could get the Bengals into the playoffs if they finish strong.
Now, here is a look at all of the point spreads for Week 3, as well as over-unders for most of the games as well:
· Miami at Jacksonville (-2½)
· Chicago at Atlanta (-3)
· Los Angeles Rams at Buffalo (-3)
· Washington at Cleveland (-6½)
· Tennessee (-1½) at Minnesota
· Las Vegas at New England (-6)
· San Francisco (-4) at New York Giants
· Cincinnati at Philadelphia (-6½)
· Houston at Pittsburgh (-5)
· New York Jets at Indianapolis (-10)
· Carolina at Los Angeles Chargers (-6½)
· Tampa Bay (-6) at Denver
· Detroit at Arizona (-6)
· Dallas at Seattle (-4½)
· Green Bay at New Orleans (-3½)
· Kansas City at Baltimore (-3)