The Wild Card round of the playoffs has just been completed and it showcased just how strong the AFC is—particularly in the North division. Two of the Bengals’ rivals moved on to the Divisional Round, as Cincinnati continues to heal up and rebuild for the 2021 season.
Part of that process is in the hiring of some assistant coaches under Zac Taylor. The Bengals engaged in that endeavor over the past week, including the bringing back of one well-liked former assistant in Frank Pollack.
John and Anthony discuss those moves and Joe Burrow’s recent meeting with the media. The duo also argues the merits of particularly strategies in the upcoming draft and the No. 5 pick, as well as conducting their first mock draft of the offseason.
- Just what kind of an impact will Frank Pollack have as the offensive line coach, and, perhaps more importantly, as the team’s run game coordinator?
- Troy Walters was a natural fit for the promotion to wide receivers coach—for a number of reasons.
- Andre Carter seems like a promising candidate for the vacancy at defensive line coach for the Bengals. He recently interviewed for the gig.
- Joe Burrow returned to Cincinnati for the first time since his knee surgery was completed and met with the media. John and Anthony go over many of the soundbites.
- In our first “State Your Case” segment, John introduced reasons for Brandon Scherff being the better free agency get for the Bengals this offseason, should they pursue one or the other.
- OBI’s first mock draft of 2021 was conducted on the episode. We went with only three picks and you may be surprised who was available when the Bengals were on the clock in the Pro Football Network Draft Simulator.
Join us for every live recording by subscribing to our channels, or get the program on your favorite audio platform afterward. Thanks for listening!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube for every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart Radio and Google Play Music apps, our YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at email@example.com. Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels to be notified when we’re going live and when new episodes are available!