The honors just keep rolling in.
This time it is Pro Football Focus, which selected Cincinnati Bengals’ quarterback Joe Burrow as quarterback of its PFF Team of the Week after Week 4 of the NFL season.
PFF also decided that Burrow’s 31-yard touchdown pass to C.J. Uzomah that pulled Cincinnati to within 14-7 of the Jacksonville Jaguars after the first possession of the second half the “Biggest Game-Changing Moment” of the week.
According to PFF, that play boosted the Bengals’ win percentage up over 50%, and it stayed that way until Evan McPherson booted the 35-yard field goal that gave Cincinnati the win.
But forget about percentages. Burrow did.
The ultra-confident second-year pro and former Heisman Trophy winner calmly directed the Bengals on a 10-play, 73-yard drive that ate 5:33 off the clock and featured a catch-and-run by Uzomah to set up the winning kick.
“I knew they weren’t going to be able to stop us,” Burrow told Andrew Siciliano.
His coach had a pretty good idea that would be the case, as well.
“Joe is just seeing the field really well right now, and you put it in his hands and let him go,” head coach Zac Taylor said.
Get used to the honors, Joe. Something tells me there’s going to be a lot more where this one came from.
PFF TEAM OF THE WEEK
- QB: Joe Burrow, Cincinnati Bengals
- RB: Austin Ekeler, Los Angeles Chargers
- WR: Tyreek Hill, Kansas City Chiefs
- WR: Darnell Mooney, Chicago Bears
- TE: C.J. Uzomah, Cincinnati Bengals
- Flex: Cordarrelle Patterson, Atlanta Falcons
- LT: Jonah Williams, Cincinnati Bengals
- LG: Rodger Saffold, Tennessee Titans
- C: Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles
- RG: Zack Martin, Dallas Cowboys
- RT: Ryan Ramczyk, New Orleans Saints
- DI: Jonathan Allen, Washington Football Team
- DI: Christian Wilkins, Miami Dolphins
- Edge: Shaquil Barrett, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Edge: Joey Bosa, Los Angeles Chargers
- LB: Tremaine Edmunds, Buffalo Bills
- LB: Bobby Okereke, Indianapolis Colts
- CB: Greedy Williams, Cleveland Browns
- CB: Ross Cockrell, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- S: Antoine Winfield Jr., Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- S: Erik Harris, Atlanta Falcons
- Flex: Cam Lewis, Buffalo Bills