The Bengals are going into the bye week with a winning record, but major questions linger. It’s been a whirlwind past three weeks, as Cincinnati went from atop the AFC to barely clinging to midseason playoff life.
On this week’s show, we look at what to make of the loss to the Browns and what is ahead. We also provide a “Stat of the Week” and make a midseason report card, of sorts.
Here are some of the highlights of this episode:
- Was Sunday’s loss just a bad day by the Bengals, a continuing matchup problem against the Browns, or does the two-game skid by Cincinnati signal long-term trouble for the rest of 2021? Maybe a mixture of all of the above?
- John’s “Stat of the Week” centers around pressure rates, which is going in the wrong direction for the Bengals on both sides of the ball.
- Cincinnati is tied for sixth in the NFL for quarterback sacks, but somehow are one of the poorer teams in the league at forcing turnovers.
- What have been some of the pleasant and disappointing surprises of the year, as we sit around the midway point?
- What grades would we give major facets of the Bengals’ team so far?
Our thanks to those who joined us for the live show at the special day and time. If you missed it, you can catch it on your favorite streaming platform afterward!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube for every episode, all of our podcast content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart Radio and Google Play Music apps, our Orange and Black Insider YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels to be notified when we’re going live and when new episodes are available!