The Bengals today have announced the hiring of Justin Hill as the team’s new running backs coach.
From 2015-2020, Hill was the running backs coach for the University of Tulsa. Before joining the Golden Hurricane, Hill was the associate director of athletic performance for Baylor University’s football team from 2012-2014, and was a graduate assistant at Iowa State in 2011.
2016 was Tulsa’s best year running the football with Hill on staff, as they finished eight in rushing yards per game with an average of just over 260. They also finished 14th in 2017 with an average of 247 yards per game.
Hill played football for Rice University from 2007-2010. He played one year at running back but switched to linebacker for the rest of his collegiate career due to injuries the team suffered at that position.
Along with the hiring of Hill, the Bengals have also announced the promotion of Troy Walters to wide receivers coach and Brad Kragthorpe to assistant wide receivers coach. Walters was the assistant wide receivers coach last season and Kragthorpe was an offensive assistant for the last two seasons.
With these three moves official, the Bengals have now finalized their coaching staff for the 2021 season:
- Zac Taylor, head coach
- Darrin Simmons, special teams coordinator/assistant head coach
- Lou Anarumo, defensive coordinator
- Brian Callahan, offensive coordinator
- Dan Pitcher, quarterbacks coach
- Justin Hill, running backs coach
- Troy Walters, wide receivers coach (promoted from assistant wide receivers coach)
- Brad Kragthorpe, assistant wide receivers coach (promoted from offensive assistant)
- James Casey, tight ends coach
- Frank Pollack, offensive line coach/run game coordinator
- Ben Martin, assistant offensive line coach
- Marion Hobby, defensive line coach
- Al Golden, linebackers coach
- Steve Jackson, cornerbacks coach
- Robert Livingston, safeties coach
- Mark Duffner, senior defensive assistant
- Jordan Kovacs, defensive quality control
- Colt Anderson, assistant special teams coach
- Joey Boese, strength and conditioning coach
- Todd Hunt, assistant strength and conditioning coach
- Garrett Swanson, assistant strength and conditioning coach
- Doug Rosfeld, director of coaching operations