The month of February on the NFL calendar provides an odd dichotomy. It’s right next to a new league year with free agency and a slew of transactions, but it’s also right after the conclusion of all games played from the previous season.
Even so, the talking points are aplenty. This week, John and Anthony engage in a spirited Joe Burrow versus Justin Herbert conversation, courtesy of some Pro Football Focus metrics and run through some of the recent headlines surrounding the club.
Meanwhile, free agency talk is heating up, as the festivities kick off in less than a month and the rumor mill is spinning with the Cincinnati Bengals. We’ll continue our free agency profile series with an offensive weapon who could really bring a needed dynamic to Cincinnati’s arsenal.
On this week’s show:
- Unfortunately, Adam “Pacman” Jones has run into more legal trouble.
- A few Bengals are doing their part in trying to recruit J.J. Watt to the Bengals. Will he land in Cincinnati and be worth the money at this point in his career?
- A couple major media outlets think the Bengals take a big leap in 2021. Is it premature, given the fact that free agency and the draft have yet to occur?
- Using stats from the Pro Football Focus “Quarterback Annual” publication, there are interesting parallels and disparities to draw from the respective rookie campaigns of Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow.
- We’ve been going through a number of offensive lineman free agency profiles, but we go with another offensive position this week.
Our thanks to all of you who joined in on the fun during the live recording, and for downloading it on your favorite platform!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube for every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart Radio and Google Play Music apps, our YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels to be notified when we’re going live and when new episodes are available!