With the new salary cap announced, teams are purging their rosters in an attempt to make room for a reduced amount of financial room around the NFL. The Cincinnati Bengals have been in the enviable position of not needing to do that quite yet because of the space they’ve amassed.
This week, John and Anthony look at the names who have become available (surprisingly and unsurprisingly), while also talking about the Bengals’ decision to not use the franchise tag. The duo also tries to dissect the words of Duke Tobin and Zac Taylor, as they both met with the media this week.
We also gave you another free agent profile and a “State Your Case” hot take. Some items this week:
- Zac Taylor’s recent presser gave us our “Soundbite of the Week”. The Bengals seem committed to keeping Jonah Williams at left tackle—should they be?
- If the Bengals select Penei Sewell, does that change the left tackle plan? We discuss this as our “State Your Case” this week.
- Were the Bengals wise in refusing to place the franchise tag on William Jackson and Carl Lawson?
- The Bengals can make a big splash in free agency on an under-the-radar name from a team with a stout defense.
- Which new names on the free agent market should intrigue the Bengals?
- Is a reunion with Kevin Zeitler sensible and/or possible?
- And much more!
Our thanks for those who joined us live, and our sincerest gratitude to those of you who get it on your favorite audio/video platform afterward!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube for every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart Radio and Google Play Music apps, our YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at email@example.com. Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels to be notified when we’re going live and when new episodes are available!