The Cincinnati Bengals have been making some moves in free agency as they have already singed DE Trey Hendrickson, CB Chidobe Awuzie, and CB Mike Hilton.
However, the Bengals are still in need of a few positions and one spot that they could look to improve is wide receiver and the market for this position is so poor right now that it could work in the Bengals’ favor.
Dianna Russini of ESPN reported that she spoke with a free agent wide receiver to discover why so many receivers are still unsigned. He responded, “the WR market is really bad right now.”
Just spoke to a free agent wide receiver to find out what’s going on with all the receivers still unsigned. He said “the WR market is really bad right now”— Dianna Russini (@diannaESPN) March 16, 2021
There are still a lot of big-name wide receivers available and maybe Cincinnati could land someone like Curtis Samuel or even Kenny Golladay.
Pro Football Network broke down the top remaining free agents at each position and here are the top 10 remaining wide receivers in their rankings:
1) Kenny Golladay, Detroit Lions
2) Will Fuller, Houston Texans
3) Curtis Samuel, Carolina Panthers
4) JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pittsburgh Steelers
5) T.Y. Hilton, Indianapolis Colts
6) Rashard Higgins, Cleveland Browns
7) Antonio Brown, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
8) Marvin Jones Jr., Detroit Lions (recently signed with the Jaguars)
9) Breshad Perriman, New York Jets
10) Sammy Watkins, Kansas City Chiefs
It will be interesting to see if the Bengals decide to make an offer to any of these receivers. If they do, it could be telling on who they intend to take on draft night.
Would you like to see the Bengals attempt to sign any of these available wide receivers?