Are you all caught up with free agency, yet?
While St. Patrick’s Day marks the first official day of the new league year, teams around the league, including the Cincinnati Bengals, have been making a number of moves prior to the 17th of March.
It’s another year of major transition for Zac Taylor’s team, as many longtime faces of the franchise are headed to new teams. However, the Bengals have made a few splash moves to improve their defense, including two new defensive backs and a potent edge rusher.
What’s next for the team in free agency and next month’s NFL Draft? We examine the possibilities, while also bringing you a “Soundbite of the Week” and a 2021 Prospect Profile.
- What’s the latest on the Bengals’ free agency moves? We catch you up with the signings, departures and upcoming visits up through St. Patrick’s Day (or, the start of the 2021 League Year, for some).
- The Bengals apparently have a one-year offer on the table for Kenny Golladay. Some people believe his skill set is simply more of the same of what the Bengals already have at the position. That’s a good thing.
- A lot of deep-dive into the sub-surface statistics from the first set of outside free agency signings point to a roster regression from the losses of William Jackson III and Carl Lawson. However, taking a step back and looking at it from a macro perspective may provide a different outlook on the signings of Mike Hilton, Chidobe Awuzie and Trey Hendrickson.
- Speaking of Hendrickson, he and Joe Danneman of FOX 19 bring us the “Soundbite of the Week”.
- Cincinnati is loading up on defense in free agency, so offense has to be the priority in the draft, right? Well, yes, but there is an intriguing interior defender from USC who could be a solid Day 2 or Day 3 addition for the Bengals.
- And much more!
Our thanks to those of you who joined for the live recording, be it on Twitter, Facebook or our YouTube channel. If you didn’t catch the live fun, download it now on your favorite streaming platform!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube for every episode, all Orange and Black Insider content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart Radio and Google Play Music apps, our YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! You can tweet us @BengalsOBI or get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels to be notified when we’re going live and when new episodes are available!