One of the top priorities for the Cincinnati Bengals in free agency will be to resign defensive end Carl Lawson.
The 25-year old pass rusher’s 5.5 sacks from 2020 don’t tell the full story of his productivity, as he ranks among the top of the NFL in pressures and quarterback hits among edge rushers.
One analyst not sleeping on Lawson is NFL Network’s Greg Rosenthal, who ranked the Bengal edge rusher 14th in his list of the top 101 free agents that will hit the market next Monday.
“Pass rush in a bottle. I can’t imagine why the Bengals would not tag Lawson, who finished fourth in pressures (64) and second in QB hits (24) among edge rushers, per PFF,” Rosenthal wrote.
The Bengals are expected by many to franchise tag the 25-year old, but if he were to hit the open market, teams such as the Tennessee Titans, New York Giants and Houston Texans are said to be logical fits.
- Dak Prescott, QB Dallas Cowboys
- Trent Williams, OT San Francisco 49ers
- Allen Robinson, WR Chicago Bears
- Leonard Williams, EDGE New York Giants
- Justin Simmons, S Denver Broncos (Franchise Tagged)
- Chris Godwin WR Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- J.J. Watt, EDGE Houston Texans (signed with Arizona Cardinals)
- Shaquil Barrett, EDGE Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Aaron Jones, RB Green Bay Packers
- Taylor Morton, OT Carolina Panthers
- Brandon Scherff, OG Washington Football Team
- Bud Dupree, EDGE Pittsburgh Steelers
- Trey Hendrickson, EDGE New Orleans Saints
- Carl Lawson, EDGE Cincinnati Bengals
- Kenny Golladay, WR Detroit Lions