The Cincinnati Bengals have completed their 2021 NFL Draft class. And by all accounts, it was a very successful haul for a Bengals franchise that has a very bright future ahead of it.
It began with the addition of No. 5 overall pick Ja’Marr Chase, who some argue is the best non-QB prospect in this year’s draft. He also reunites with Joe Burrow, who won the Heisman Trophy and national title in his final year at LSU while setting multiple records with Chase.
After that, the Bengals proceeded to upgrade both sides of the trenches, as seven of the next nine picks were used on offensive (three) and defensive lineman (four). The Bengals also got what hopes to be their franchise kicker in Evan McPherson.
For a franchise that clearly had the goal of making life much easier on QB Joe Burrow, that goal was accomplished about as well as one could hope for.
Here’s a recap of how the Bengals’ entire draft class shaped out.
- Round 1 • Pick 5 • WR Ja’Marr Chase, LSU (breakdown)
- Round 2 • Pick 46 • OT Jackson Carman, Clemson (breakdown)
- Round 3 • 69 • DE Joseph Ossai, Texas (breakdown)
- Round 4 • Pick 111 • DE Cameron Sample, Tulane (breakdown)
- Round 4 • Pick 122 • DT Tyler Shelvin, LSU (breakdown)
- Round 4 • Pick 139 • OT D’Ante Smith, ECU (breakdown)
- Round 5 • Pick 149 • K Evan McPherson, Florida (breakdown)
- Round 6 • Pick 190 • C Trey Hill, Georgia (breakdown)
- Round 6 • Pick 202 • RB Chris Evans, Michigan (breakdown)
- Round 7 • Pick 235 • DE Wyatt Hubert, Kansas State (breakdown)
Now, be sure to follow this stream for everything to know about the Bengals’ 2021 draft and updates on it in the coming weeks!