Contrary to what many will have you believe, the NFL draft is more than just the first round. In fact, many will say that the foundations of contenders are laid in Rounds 2 and 3.
Last year, we saw the Cincinnati Bengals add wide receiver Tee Higgins and linebacker Logan Wilson. Both of them look the part of being reliable players for years to come. If Duke Tobin and Zac Taylor want to keep the house they are trying to build from crumbling, they will likely need to add a couple more foundation pieces this year as well.
The Bengals took Ja’Marr Chase with their first-round pick, so the focus now instantly will shift towards who will protect Joe Burrow now. There are still a number of names who can step in and play on this offensive line to improve that goal.
Cincinnati may double dip on offensive linemen on Day 2, but we could also see them nab a pass-rusher at some point as well as they need another rotational piece to help put some pressure on opposing passers as well.
Here is how you can watch and follow Day 2 of the 2021 NFL Draft.
- Start time: Friday, April 30th at 7:00 pm ET
- Bengals Picks: 38th and 69th overall
- TV Channel: Catch the draft on ABC, ESPN, and the NFL Network.
- Online Stream: NFL app and WatchESPN.
- Pick time: Round 2 (seven minutes) and Round 3 (five minutes)
- Grades for every pick thus far
Now, let’s talk draft!