While the 2021 offseason is still going, the NFL and NFLPA recently announced important dates to know for the 2022 offseason.
As usual, the start of the new league year will come in early March, this time being on the 8th. Offseason workouts will begin April 4th for teams with a new head coach and the 18th for all other teams.
For the Bengals, a key date to know could be the franchise/transition tag period begins February 22nd and ends on the start of the new league year. If the Bengals and Jessie Bates don’t agree to a contract extension before then, he’ll be a prime candidate to be tagged.
Here’s a look at all of the key 2022 offseason dates we know of so far via NFL Network reporter Tom Pelissero.
- Franchise and Transition Tag Period: February 22 — March 8, 2022
- Start Of 2022 League Year and Free Agency: March 16, 2022 (4 pm ET)
- 2022 NFL Draft: April 28-30, 2022
- Offseason Workouts: April 4 (for teams with new head coaches); April 18 (for all other teams)
- Restricted Free Agency Signing Period Ends: April 22, 2022
- Last Day To Match RFA Offer Sheets: April 27, 2022