We’re kicking off 2021 Bengals training camp with a bang here at Cincy Jungle and The Orange and Black Insider Bengals podcast. After all, it’s been a huge week for Cincinnati football, starting with the team’s Ring of Honor announcement and subsequent march to the regular season with full-go practices this week.
We’re honored to have both Ken Anderson and Ken Riley II join us this Wednesday evening to talk about the inaugural class of enshrined players and what’s ahead for the team. The reason behind their appearances go beyond the Ring of Honor, though.
We’ve decided to raise money for the respective charities each of the ROH inductees head up and we need YOUR help! Donate what you can to these three great causes:
- The Ken Anderson Alliance — Creating living, working, and engagement opportunities for adults with developmental disabilities.
- The Munoz Foundation — Impacting the lives of Tri-State (Greater Cincinnati area) youth mentally, physically and spiritually through their seven Impact Programs.
- The Ken Riley Foundation, Inc. — This organization was created to provide economic support to financially challenged students in their pursuit of advanced education that include college or technical schools.
OBI Listeners and Cincy Jungle readers are encouraged to donate what they are able, as all nonprofits were affected greatly by the COVID-19 pandemic. It was incredibly difficult for charities to raise money because of a lack of in-person fundraising events. We want to help make up those potential deficits with this endeavor.
You can also donate in the amounts/increments of $13, $14, or $78, as an homage to the jersey numbers to the great players of Ken Riley, Ken Anderson and Anthony Munoz, respectively.
Check out what was discussed on this week’s show:
- John was present at the team media luncheon and asked a couple of poignant questions to Zac Taylor and Duke Tobin. We play the audio of their answers and discuss the responses.
- Ken Anderson talked about what it means to be a part of the team’s Ring of Honor and how a particular No. 85 is, hands-down, the best receiver in Bengals’ history.
- Ken Riley II relayed a very entertaining Paul Brown story when his father was an entrenched star with the Bengals, showcasing “PB’s” penchant to always breed competition.
- The Bengals’ wide receiver corps is STACKED. Between the sights and sounds from the first practice(s) of training camp and past performances, the Bengals have a number of tough decisions to make this year.
- And much more!
You can donate through the GoFundMe page we’ve set up (preferred, so that we can properly divvy up the donations to the respective charities), or by donating directly to each of the great causes. Be sure to show us proof of your donations.
Why? We’ve got prizes for you! OBI swag, Bengals collectibles and some items from the charities are all up for grabs, but you have to donate and show proof!
A training camp preview is also on tap for the evening on this longer version of the show, so you won’t want to miss it! Join us at the special time of 7:00 p.m. ET this Wednesday and start getting those donations in!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube for every episode, all of our podcast content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart Radio and Google Play Music apps, our Orange and Black Insider YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels to be notified when we’re going live and when new episodes are available!