The Bengals are riding high after beating the reigning Super Bowl champs on their home turf in the first week of the preseason. Now, they return to the venue of the devastating injury to their star quarterback from last year, though Joe Burrow won’t be exacting any vengeance on the Washington Football Team this time around.
On this week’s episode, we break down the result from the Week 1 preseason win, while also conducting another “Believe It or Not...?” segment from the takeaways there. We also look ahead to the Week 2 clash against Washington and what we should be looking for in that one.
Here is what was discussed this week:
- Has Michael Jordan turned a corner, as evidenced by his preseason Week 1 performance versus the Bucs?
- What do we make of D’Ante Smith’s output last Saturday? Could he actually grab a starting job this year?
- Trenton Irwin is turning heads and may sneak on to this roster.
- The backup running backs have a lot of potential—particularly the rookie, Chris Evans.
- There are still a lot of questions at the guard position. The starting right guard spot remains up in the air.
- What are we hoping to see and who will we be keeping our eyes on this week against Washington?
- And more!
Our thanks to those who joined us for the live show at a special time and for those of you who download it afterward!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube for every episode, all of our podcast content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart Radio and Google Play Music apps, our Orange and Black Insider YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels to be notified when we’re going live and when new episodes are available!