Week 2 of the preseason is almost here. This week will have the Cincinnati Bengals travelling to Washington on Friday night.
We get a chance to see who from Week 1 can continue their momentum and if anyone is ready to turn it around after struggling. One thing we won’t be seeing is Joe Burrow taking the field.
We should still see a decent amount of the starters this week. Since we only have 3 weeks of the preseason, this could be closer to a game where we saw the starters play in to the second half. It is also possible that the Bengals take an ultra safe approach to playing their starters the entire preseason to ensure more people are healthy for Week 1.
Of course, it will also be nice to see the young guys get back out there after the starters. We won’t see Joseph Ossai who is recovering from a wrist injury, but there are still plenty of rookies to watch. Jackson Carman is a big name to watch along the offensive line. Cam Sample and Darius Hodges should also provide plenty of pressure on the defensive front again.
Surely Cincinnati will have new names pop up for fans to get excited for as well.
- Game: Cincinnati Bengals at Washington Football Team
- Start Time: 8:00 pm ET on Friday, August 20th
- TV Channel: WKRC-TV (CBS Channel 12) in Cincinnati. Also on the network are WKEF-TV (ABC Ch. 22) in Dayton, WSYX-TV (ABC Ch. 6) in Columbus, WLIO-TV (FOX Ch. 8.2) in Lima, WDKY-TV FOX Ch. 56) in Lexington, Ky. and WDRB-TV (FOX Ch. 41) in Louisville, Ky.
- Announcers: Mike Watts (play-by-play), Anthony Munoz (analyst) and Marisa Contipelli (sideline reporter)
- Radio Broadcast: The game will air on the Bengals Radio Network, led by Cincinnati flagship stations WCKY-AM (ESPN 1530; all sports) and WEBN-FM (102.7). Broadcasters are Dan Hoard (play-by-play) and Dave Lapham (analyst).
- Online Stream: Bengals Official App and Bengals.com (in local markets and on Safari browser only), out-of-market fans can stream via NFL Game Pass or a free trial of fuboTV
- Replay: NFL Game Pass
- Weather: Mid-70’s mostly cloudy, according to NFL weather.