The regular season is right around the corner, but a couple of big dates remain on the preseason calendar. Week 3 to conclude the preseason is up this weekend and final roster cuts are from there. Let’s also not forget potential waiver wire claims to set the team up for Week 1 of the regular season.
What were some of the takeaways from the loss to Washington? In our “Believe It or Not...?” segment, we asked if it’s time to worry about some players and if others have inspired belief. We also looked ahead to the finale against the Dolphins and the first in-game snaps from Joe Burrow in 2021.
On this week’s show:
- It’s early, but the Bengals’ kicking situation seems more stable than it has been for a while. And, that’s saying something with a rookie being leaned upon in the important special teams role.
- The running back position appears to be very deep and two young players may be primed for big roles in 2021.
- How close are we to pushing the panic button with Ja’Marr Chase?
- It’s a big weekend coming up for “the Trent’s”—Irwin and Taylor.
- Joe Burrow is set to take his first in-game snaps of 2021 this weekend. What should we expect from the plays he’ll be in for and is it a good idea for him to play?
- Devon Still provides us with the “Soundbite of the Week”. The Bengals are easy targets for the national media, but some great goodwill gestures seem to be easily forgotten. Not the case, thanks to the Still family.
Our thanks for those who joined us live on Wednesday night. If you weren’t able to catch the live show, you can get it afterward on your favorite platform. Thanks for listening!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube for every episode, all of our podcast content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart Radio and Google Play Music apps, our Orange and Black Insider YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels to be notified when we’re going live and when new episodes are available!