It’s full-speed ahead to Week 1 of the regular season, as the Bengals have concluded their final preseason game and have put forth their final roster. Additionally, they’ve rounded out their practice squad with some quality depth, as they prepare to host the Minnesota Vikings.
While there are questions at some spots, this has to be one of the team’s best-looking rosters—from both a talent and health standpoint—in recent memory. Is it enough to make them a sneaky playoff team?
On this week’s show:
- Was it surprising to see the Bengals go so light at quarterback and running back on the final roster?
- The team currently has five wide receivers on the active roster after a couple of waiver wire additions. Will they re-add later at the position?
- One of our favorite Bengals in recent history, Mike Daniels, was cut from the squad. What does his replacement, B.J. Hill, bring to the team?
- Every year, “the collective we” gripe about a handful of cuts and how certain players won’t make it through waivers. Inevitably, most/all do and end up on the Bengals’ practice squad. A number of popular names landed there on Tuesday to shore up team depth.
- Do we believe the Bengals did the right thing on the offensive line having so many unproven guys behind the starters?
- The safety group is definitely a major strength of this team’s roster.
- And more!
John and Anthony look at the roster, the moves and how the practice squad shook out. Our thanks to those of you who joined us for the live show. If you weren’t able to, catch it on your favorite audio platform and our YouTube channel!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube for every episode, all of our podcast content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart Radio and Google Play Music apps, our Orange and Black Insider YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels to be notified when we’re going live and when new episodes are available!