As each day passes, we’re getting a clearer picture of everything with Week 1 on the horizon. The Cincinnati Bengals, as well as every NFL team, have engaged in final cuts and we have a pretty clear vision of who will be on the sidelines for the season-opening clash against the Steelers.
On this week’s show, we break down how the roster is constructed, what’s interesting about the practice squad, as well as the surprises and starting statuses of certain spots. We also gauge just how much stronger this roster is at the moment, while also taking an early look at things with the Steelers.
A deeper look into this week’s topics:
- A rundown and reminder of where we are at with the 53-man roster and practice squad, as of the middle of the week.
- The Bengals made a few waiver wire claims...it’s Jay Tufele season!
- What do these moves signal for the team and the state of its roster?
- Cordell Volson has earned the starting left guard...for now. New addition Max Scharping might be waiting in the wings, though.
- Just how improved is the Bengals’ roster right now from even half a year ago when they were in the Super Bowl? How far have they come from just a few months ago after their most recent draft class?
- A brief look at the upcoming Week 1 clash versus the Steelers.
A fun episode now out on all audio platforms and our YouTube channel. We get started at 8:30 p.m. ET on Wednesdays for our deep-dive show, so join us live, or catch it on your favorite platform afterward!
Our thanks to all of you who sent in donations to our charity we are highlighting! As you know by now, we are also continuing our support of the Pollack Family Foundation, spearheaded by former Bengals linebacker and current ESPN analyst, David Pollack. He joined us a few weeks back to kickstart the campaign.
Aside from providing education and information on physical and emotional wellness to families, the Pollack Family Foundation also helps out the Children’s Hospital of Atlanta, and provides assistance to Hope 139, whose mission is to help at-risk mothers and youth. You can submit a donation directly to them at the platform we’ve set up at www.givesendgo.com/pollackfamilyfoundation, or by donating through our OBI channel’s Super Chat function. You can win great prizes!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube for every episode, all of our podcast content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart Radio and Google Play Music apps, our Orange and Black Insider YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels to be notified when we’re going live and when new episodes are available!