The 49ers are coming off a Brock Purdy high with him losing his first two regular season games back-to-back. Which of these teams will get back on track? Here is what the odds makers and experts are predicting.
The Bengals are currently four-point underdogs against the 49ers, according to DraftKings Sportsbook. The total for the game is also set at 44.5 points.
Cincinnati was initially much bigger dogs earlier in the week. Then there was doubt if Brock Purdy would be able to play after being put in concussion protocol. It also appears most of the money has been put behind the Bengals following San Francisco’s second straight loss on Monday Night Football against the Minnesota Vikings.
- The Bengals are 1-2 on the road
- The 49ers are 3-0 at home
- Cincinnati is 2-3-1 against the spread
- San Francisco is 4-2-1 against the spread
- The Bengals have hit the over twice out of six games
- The 49ers have hit the over four times out of their seven games
- Games involving Cincinnati average 37.8 points
- Games involving San Francisco average 44.3 points
- CBS Sports is split with four of their eight experts taking the Bengals
- Only two of ESPN’s eight experts are going with Cincinnati (two with no picks yet)
- NFL Pick Watch, which takes into account picks from around the web, has the Bengals receiving 34 percent of the selections
The Bengals and 49ers are both at a crossroads in their season. Cincinnati has won two straight before a bye week to get back up to 3-3, and San Francisco has lost two straight games after Purdy had been undefeated in the regular season prior to that.
The question is, which of these teams is going to show up Sunday and want it more? The team that has that extra push may be the one that walks away with their season looking much brighter.