Backup quarterback Jake Browning will have his hands full with a pretty good defense, but can the Cincinnati defense shut down Kenny Pickett after the team parted ways with offensive coordinator Matt Canada?
The Bengals are currently 1.5-point underdogs against the Steelers, according to DraftKings Sportsbook. The point total is also set at 35.5 points.
This is a big swing, as the Bengals opened as favorites even after the Burrow injury. This means a combination of things probably took place. A flood of bets came in for the Steelers as underdogs, and the firing of Canada may have oddsmakers looking more favorably on Pittsburgh. The 35.5-point total is tied for the third lowest in Week 12.
- 3-2 at home
- 4-5-1 against the spread
- Hit the over five out of ten games
- Average amount of points for game they played in is 42.8
- 2-2 on the road
- 6-4 against the spread
- Hit the over two out of ten games
- Average amount of points for games they played in is 36.1
Expert Picks (at time of writing)
- One of ESPN’s six experts (at time of writing) are taking Cincinnati
- CBS Sports also only has a single expert taking the Bengals
- NFL Pick Watch, which takes into account picks from across the web, has the Bengals receiving 21 percent of expert selections against the Steelers
It is pretty clear that without Burrow, no one is really giving this team a shot. It is hard to argue that logic, as most teams deal with that. Still, we will have to see how Browning fairs with all the weapons around him. He is no Burrow, but this offense is too good for it to completely stall in place. This will be a huge test for this team on how the rest of this season will play out.
Here is who our staff is taking for Bengals - Steelers and the rest of Week 12.