The Cincinnati Bengals are hosting the Indianapolis Colts following their upset of the Jacksonville Jaguars on Monday Night Football. For the second week in a row, the Bengals will try to knock off an AFC South team fighting for playoff positioning. A win would go a long way toward Cincinnati’s playoff hopes.
Here is how the oddsmakers and experts view the matchup:
The Bengals are currently a one-point favorite against the Colts, according to DraftKings Sportsbook. The total points is also set at 44 points. That is tied for the fourth-highest total.
It is pretty clear that Jake Browning’s performance on Monday Night Football has restored some faith in this Cincinnati team to finish out the season with some fight. Indianapolis is still in a similar position with Gardner Minshew has helped them win four straight.
- 3-3 at home
- 5-6-1 against the spread
- have covered six of 12 games
- The average total score for games involving the Bengals is 43.3
- 5-1 on the road
- 8-4 against the spread
- have covered eight out of 12 games
- The average total score for games involving the Colts is 49.7
- Five of ESPN’s eight experts are taking Cincinnati
- CBS Sports’ has four of eight experts taking the Bengals
- NFL Pick Watch, which takes into account picks from across the web, has Cincinnati receiving 47% of the picks.
It is really as close as you’ll see a game picked in the NFL. These two teams do seem evenly matched without their starting quarterbacks. We also have to see Browning prove he can consistently do what he did on Monday night. If he can, then this game may not be as close as these picks suggest.
Here are the staff’s picks for the weekend.