- Seven of the 41 passes that Andy Dalton threw against Indianapolis went further than nine yards from the line of scrimmage.
- Dalton was under pressure on 12 of his 41 dropbacks against the Colts, who also blitzed 12 times -- Dalton was 6/12 against the blitz.
- Despite the production Indianapolis had against Cincinnati, Dalton is still the least pressured quarterback in the league, seeing pressure on only 21 percent of his dropbacks.
- When Dalton targeted a receiver covered by Vontae Davis, Dalton completed two of seven passes for 21 yards (to five different targets).
- Wide receiver Dane Sanzenbacher has logged 92 snaps during the last two games (51 against the Colts), which is more than he played all of last year. He has been targeted only five times.
- Mohamed Sanu scored the worst grade on offense among players at skill positions (aka, not including the offensive line). He scored a -2.0.
- The Bengals abandoned the run game with a season-low 11 carries between their running backs.
- Giovani Bernard failed to record a missed tackle for the first time this season.
- Offensive tackle Andre Smith may have submitted one of his worst career games, especially in run blocks (-2.3). He also had a false start.
- Starting center Russell Bodine allowed only one quarterback disruption (a hurry) and generated his second positive grade (+1.1) in as many weeks.
- Jermaine Gresham has a perfect pass protection score on 39 chances -- one of the few tight ends with a perfect pass blocking efficiency.
- Kevin Zeitler, who returned after recovering from a calf injury, recorded the best score on offense with a 1.7 overall grade. He scored a positive grade on pass protection and in run blocking.
- Andrew Whitworth, who scored the second-best overall grade (+1.6), was good in pass protection (+2.7) but turned in the second-worst grade as a run blocker (-1.3).
- Clint Boling allowed a quarterback hit and three hurries, offering a team-worst -1.7 pass protection score.
- Defensive end Carlos Dunlap generated five disruptions on 26 passing attempts - scoring a Pass Rush Productivity of 15.4.
- Cornerback Adam Jones was targeted six times, allowing only two receptions for eight yards. Jones also recorded two stops (which constitutes offensive failures).
- Geno Atkins failed to record a stop against the run and his negative overall grade is only the second over the last three seasons.
- Rookie Marquis Flowers played 46 snaps on Sunday and was targeted seven times in coverage. He allowed four catches for 41 yards. Flowers also contributed with two missed tackles.
- According to the PFF Refocus, Flowers finished with the worst defensive score, from either team, in the game.
- Vincent Rey allowed four receptions on four targets for 70 yards and had a missed tackle.