Well, this week was a much better output than last, but the Cincinnati Bengals just couldn’t eke out a victory in a must-win scenario. The team excited, and largely frustrated its fan base as they clashed with the Titans in Nashville, but they now sit at 3-6 this year.
If only we could get a pulse on the headspace of the front office. They couldn’t possibly be pleased with the team’s 9-15-1 record since their loss in the 2015 Wild Card game and they have to know that questions from the fan base are mounting.
After the 24-20 loss to Tennessee, we took to Facebook Live to review the game, as well as to take both questions and comments from fans. Obviously, frustration is high and many are looking for sweeping changes. Here are some of the topics we touched on Sunday afternoon:
- Was Vontaze Burfict’s ejection warranted? Either way, shouldn’t he know that the NFL is keeping a very close eye on all of his on-field actions?
- Why do the Bengals continually seem to go away from their biggest playmakers on offense at critical times?
- We looked at a couple of critical stats and numbers from Sunday, which directly led to the Bengals’ heartbreaking loss.
- Who are the clutch players on this team? A.J. Green is obvious but nobody else is regularly stepping up for the squad. The owners, front office staff and coaches should all be responsible for injecting this gene into the roster.
- Does this loss officially spell the end of the 2017 season and the Marvin Lewis era?
- If so, when might we be seeing AJ McCarron, as well as more from players like John Ross, Josh Malone, Tyler Boyd, Christian Westerman, Alex Redmond and J.J. Dielman?
If you haven’t yet, be sure to “like” our Facebook page, so you can keep up to date with all of the latest news, analysis and commentary regarding the Bengals!